Make Water Disappear Like a Magician! Amaze your friends while learning about hydrogels. This superabsorbent polymer powder soaks up 500 ot 800 times its weight in water! As seen on the Ellen DeGeneres show, and also known as slush powder, Water Gel turns from a powder to a gel in just seconds.
- HOW DOES IT WORK?: When you add water to this superabsorbent polymer, it instantly turns from a liquid to a slushy solid. Super Absorbent Polymer Powder Water Gel soaks up to 500 to 800 times its weight in water in seconds! It uses sodium polyacrylate the secret ingredient used to absorb liquid in diapers!
- STEM: Water Gel is the perfect way to demonstrate how polymers work. The gel is a superabsorbent polymer that can help illustrate how farmers can save their crops in times of drought and what kind of material is in a baby diaper!
- SCIENCE FAIR: Turn Water Gel into a fun science fair project by simply identifying a variable (something that might change the outcome) in the experiment, then testing that variable, and correctly reporting the results.
- 4 EXPERIMENTS: Instruction Cards Included with 4 Experiments: The Amazing Disappearing Act, The Polymer Pencil Poke, Where's the Water?, and Maximum Capacity Challenge.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Water Gel polymer 2.6 oz (75 g), Plastic Tank, Instruction Cards and an Activity Guide that has lots of fun, hands-on polymer science tricks to play on your friends.
- SAFETY: Adult supervision required. Do not ingest.