A simple science experiment using a jar and water but guaranteed to make your class go crazy with anticipation and shock!
- New and Improved!-Uncover the secrets behind magic tricks.
- Discover why baby diapers are so absorbent!
- Learn about cohesion, adhesion, surface tension and air pressure
- 8 experiments included!
- New and Improved!-Discover the properties of air, air pressure and surface tension, while pleasing the crowd. The element of surprise is very important when you’re an amazing science teacher or curious student. Great for science fair demonstrations – a real show-stopper.
- Create an unforgettable learning experience for both you and your child: This STEM Science Kit includes all the materials you need to conduct all 8 experiments, suggestions for take-it-further activities and challenges for 1-4 children per kit. You’ll also receive a colored activity guide for your young scientist guiding you with step-by-step instructions for each lab, along with questions, and more challenges.
- How Does It Work?: Fill the glass jar with water and cover it with a card. Have one of your braver students or friends stand under the jar as you turn it over above his or her head. Note the amazement on the faces of your audience, but it’s nothing like you’ll see in a minute when you pull the card away from the overturned jar and dump the water on your unsuspecting—but hey, what happened? Hope you don’t mind a few screams. Who’s next? Think you can do it again? Of course you can. It’s a science experiment!
- What Does It Teach?: Learn all about water molecules, including how they cling to each other forming “surface tension.” Discuss how air pressure works to keep the water from spilling all over your poor volunteer, and last but not least, brush up on your acting skills!
- Super Absorbent Polymer Powder: Water Gel soaks up to 500 – 800 times its weight in water in seconds! It uses sodium polyacrylate – the secret ingredient used to absorb “liquid” in diapers!
- 8 Experiments Included: A Penny for your Thoughts; Floating Water; Mysterious Water Suspension Jar; Gravity Defying Water; Water Gel… From a Liquid to a Solid; Baby Diaper Dissection; Vanishing Water; Find the Water Challenge
- STEM Science Kit
- 8 Experiments
- Suggested Take-it-further activities
- Activity Guide
STEM Science Kit includes
- Water Gel – (100 g)
- Piece of Black Paper (8” x 11”)
- Clear Cup – (2.5 oz)
- Two Clear Cups – (9 oz)
- Three White Styrofoam Cup – (8 oz)
- DO NOT REMOVE Instruction Card
- Clear Plastic Mason Jar with lid
- Baby Diaper – Size # 3
- Baby Soda Bottle
- Rubber band – (#33 size)
- Three Micro Pipettes
- Black Square Vinyl Screen – (4” x 4”)
- Black Circle Vinyl Screen – (7 cm)
- Instruction Cards
- Recommended for children ages 5 and up with adult supervision
- Choking Hazard & Functional Sharp Points