New and Improved! – Spangler’s all-inclusive kit is a great introduction to the power of air
Discover how to use differences in air pressure to help you build an air-filled sculpture, lift a heavy object and so much more
The kit comes with the essential materials you’ll need to conduct 6 experiments, take-it-further activities and challenges for 1 – 4 children per kit
You know air supports life on Earth but there’s way more to it than that! Take a breath and let’s explore!
Air may be invisible but everyone is familiar with the power of moving air and its effects that can be easily seen and felt. Humans have used and controlled air for thousands of years and now you have what you need to work with some of its amazing secrets up close. You can use air to either inflate a balloon or make it impossible to inflate a balloon. It’s all in the science. You’ll discover how to use differences in air pressure to help you build an air-filled sculpture and lift a heavy object. The lifting power of hot air will be in your hands as you launch a solar bag skyward. You will be really amazed at what air can do when a little science is mixed in.
Create an unforgettable learning experience for both you and your childThe kit comes with the essential materials you’ll need to conduct many experiments, take-it-further activities and challenges for 1 – 4 children per kit. The easy to follow step-by-step instructions guide the learner through the scientific method while providing open-ended activities to promote further learning.
- What does it teach?
- Differences in air pressure and density are on display in this kit and ways to reveal and use those differences are presented in memorable ways. Math calculations confirm what appears to be obvious and may change the way you do some things going forward. Sometimes you have to “think outside the bag” and make air work for you instead of the other way around.
- For Teachers, Parents, Grandparents, and All-Around Science Adults
- We haven’t forgotten about the new STEM and STEAM initiatives in our schools, bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, (Art), and Math together to make young scientist into real thinkers!
- Lets Add an “A” For Art to the STEM Acronym!
- This means using science to first inflate colorful bags and then using them to build an inflated sculpture. Science impacts everything!
- 6 Experiments Are Included: Quick Pour Soda Bottle Race, Tornado Tube, Windbag / One Breath Wonder, Windbag Structures, Making a Cartesian Diver, and Tiny The Cartesian Diver.
- Windbags – (2 Red, 2 Blue, 2 Green, 2 Yellow)
- 16 Rubber bands – (#33 size)
- Two 1L Clear PET Bottle with cap
- Tornado Tube (various colors)
- Graduated PipetteClear
- Zinc Hex Nut Size – (¼”)
- Toy Squid
- Instruction Cards
- Adult supervision required. Ages 6+.